Curated Accounts and Content
Curated accounts are accounts that post content on a regular basis that the account owner(s) have previously vetted. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Job postings for a specific profession, industry, or from a particular source
- Newsletter or newsletter-like postings relevant to a particular profession or industry
- Podcasts or other streaming focused content
- Conference aggregators for CFPs, tickets, sign-up date(s), etc.
Restrictions on behavior
Curated posts, whether they are a dedicated account type or an account that features them prominently, have restrictions on this server.
- Curated accounts must be “on topic”. To put it another way, they must be directly relevant to the tech industry.
- Curated accounts must follow the same posting rules as automated posts.
Notably this includes:
- There is an upper limit of 5 curated/scheduled/automated posts per day. Lower is better.
- Posts cannot violate other rules
- This includes server rules disallowing spam, fundraising, NSFW/18+ content (et al)
- Hybrid accounts, those that make use of curated content and are also another specialized type, are bound to all sets of rules for their combined, hybrid, account type.
- Posts cannot violate the Specialized Account Expectations
- Similar to bots, curated accounts must use the
#hachygratorhashtag (“Hachyderm” + “Aggregator”) in their posts to allow users to opt-in or opt-out.
- Curated accounts must be verified with Hachyderm
- Where applicable, accounts should be verified with their relevant domain(s).
Last modified March 16, 2023: Typo (bfad921)