- What is a Corporate Account
- Rules and restrictions
- Corporate account application information and cost
What is a Corporate Account
Corporate accounts are specialized accounts that apply to those running accounts for businesses and business-like entities. This can include certain types of projects, conferences / events, and non-profit organizations as well as traditional for-profit companies of any size.
Some corporate accounts may be affiliated with Nivenly Trade Members, although this is not a requirement. (Clarification: this is a requirement we removed prior to the 1 Mar 2023 launch.) For a quick summary of Nivenly, please see the end of this article.
Rules and restrictions
- Are invite-only.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- Must abide by the Specialized Account Expectations (formerly referred to as the Corporate Covenant).
- Are verified with Hachyderm.
- This last process is new in 2023 to help Hachydermians quickly see that a corporate account has been approved by us.
- Are verified with their company/business/entity domain
- Pay a subscription cost as of 1 Mar 2023 (see next section).
Corporate account application information and cost
In order to apply to create a corporate account, please email us at email@example.com. We will go over the rules and expectations with you and help you be successful interacting with members of our community.
Corporate account standard pricing is tiered based on size and is as follows:
- <25 employees: $650/year
- 25-49 employees: $1000/year
- 50-99 employees: $1500/year
- 100-149 employees: $2000/year
- 150-999 employees: $2500/year
Entities with 1000+ employees or more than 50,000 followers will have customized High Volume pricing based on resource usage. If you believe your entity would fall in this range, please mention that you will need High Volume Pricing when you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a small startup (<25 employees) and $650/year would be a burden: please still reach out to us! We want to help the industry as much as possible and work with you.
The Nivenly Foundation
The Nivenly Foundation will facilitate Hachyderm’s governance as well as support other open source projects. The governance model will be democratic in nature, and all Nivenly Trade members will be given a vote in member level elections. For more information, see nivenly.org.
How to become a Nivenly Trade Member
If you are interested in starting the conversation about the Nivenly Foundation and Trade Membership: please email us at email@example.com.
Current corporate accounts
Listed here for historical purposes. Please note that as of 1 Mar 2023 all corporate accounts are verified / approved with Hachyderm.
- Oxide Computer Company (Oxide Computer Company’s post, Oxide Computer Company’s web page)
- Tailscale (Tailscale’s post, Tailscale’s web site)
- ADMIN magazine (ADMIN magazine’s post, ADMIN magazine’s website)